Austrian Airlines new 737-800

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The flight

I will use this post to rant about all the negative things that happened during this flight.  I love United Airlines, who is now set to merge with Continental airlines, and I do not mean to imply that they are a bad airline just that I had a bad experience on this flight.

The takeoff was fine and enjoyable but this was the last time when I was allowed by the Flight Attendant to use the window because all of the other Business class patrons had fully working seats and they were trying to sleep.  One consolation with the seat was that the leg rest did come up which allowed me to get more comfortable than I would have been able to in economy class.

As soon as the first meal finished I looked on as every single business class passenger quickly reclined their seats until I was the only one still in the upright position.  People looking on would have been perplexed due to me being the only one still in the upright position.

At some point during the flight I was able to be tired enough to close my eyes and obtain stage one of sleep.  But then I was being shaken and my dazed mind hoped that it was turbulence but it persisted where turbulence would have faded out.  I cracked open an eye and saw my new least favorite person (due to them not letting me get sleep).  I asked my Dad why in the world he was waking me up.  Writing this now, I have no clue what he said but what he said is not important.  Its that he woke me up.

Sorry if I seem scatterbrained but I just remembered something else that irked me.  I was trapped in my seat.  The person next to me was fully reclined and the two people in front of us as well.  This left no way for me to get to the isle without hopping over the sleeping man next to me.


-max

1 comment:

  1. Cmon on Max stop complaining. Hey i know what you mean though sometimes flying is just plain miserable. I hate sleeping on a plane because you feel so compacted. And the long flights, dang they are the worst.

    ReplyDelete