Austrian Airlines new 737-800

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wrapping it up

To wrap up this around the world adventure I will say that we did get on a flight from SFO to DEN an then from DEN to FLL.  As if the succession of flights coming back from Asia had not been bad enough yet, there was a storm in DEN that delayed the incoming flight, our plane.  When the storm cleared enough for the plane to land the pilots had timed out, pilots can only fly a certain number of hours per day and because they had been stuck in a holding pattern the pilots did not have enough hours remaining to make it to FLL, so United had to find us replacement pilots which only furthered the delay.  Suffice to say we ended up on the worst seats in the entire plane and ended the trip horribly.  When we got home I think I slept for an entire day.

Thank you guys for joining me on my recantation of my around the world trip.  I hope I managed to keep some of you interested.


-max

No comments:

Post a Comment